Here's my emergency dinner, made in about 6 total minutes and cleaned up in about 2.
Veggie Burger with Fruit & Vegetable "Smoothie-Salad"
For one hungry adult and one finicky small human.
- Veggie burger into the microwave for 1 minute
- Two pieces of bread into the toaster
- Grab pre-washed spinach, sliced cheese, mayo and mustard from the fridge
- Assemble the veggie burger and begin to eat.
Prep each fruit/vegetable and put right into blender as you go. Use whatever fruits you have and any leafy green will do and will taste great.
- Core a pear and cut into large chunks
- Core an apple and cute into large chunks
- Peel a kiwi, cut in half
- Peel an orange, break into a few pieces
- Large handful of spinach
- Generous dump of flax seeds
- About 5 chunks of frozen mango
- Pour in a generous amount (about 1 cup) of plain, unsweetened coconut or almond milk
Blend like crazy.
Give the baby some, start drinking yours. For the one minute the baby is interested in drinking her smoothie you can get the blender clean and put your plate in the dishwasher. Done & done. Now you can "relax"-- slowly drink and enjoy the smoothie while you attend to (put to bed) the needy little one.
Good night moon!